Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2009 Most Popular Domains at DOMAINfest Auction in Hollywood Reports Intermarketing

2009 Most Popular Domains at DOMAINfest Auction in Hollywood Reports Intermarketing

Intermarketing reports that DOMAINfest Global 09 will occur in Hollywood, CA, beginning Tuesday January 27, with discussion groups and talks by industry experts and tech mavens, including Steve Wozniak

Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) January 28, 2009 -- Intermarketing reports that DOMAINfest Global 09 will occur in Hollywood, CA, beginning Tuesday January 27, with discussion groups and talks by industry experts and tech mavens, including Steve Wozniak (as the keynote speaker). The official registry of the .me domains (www.Funk.me) will release these high quality premium .me domains for the live auction on Thursday, January 29:

- Contact.me

- Read.me

- Feed.me

- Alert.me

- Save.me

Another high quality .me domain, Refund.me, will be up for bidding during the live auction. This could be a great name, especially as tax season approaches.

Some other fantastic .me domains will be available for online bidding during the extended auction, which will begin on January 28 and extend through February 5. Here are some of the .me gems that made the cut for the extended auction: Agent.me, Avatars.me. Broadcasts.me, Buying.me, Calling.me, Cheats.me, Condos.me, FantasyFootball.me (great name during Super Bowl weekend), Financing.me, Finding.me, Gas.me, Hollywood.me (this name should shine in this venue), Lending.me, Lock.me, Navigate.me, Profit.me, SanJuan.me (SanJuan.com received a 6 figure bid recently), Saving.me, Seeking.me, Skiresorts.me, Studio.me, Tape.me, Whisky.me.

This is the second auction of premium .me names released by the Registry. The first auction at Traffic New York last September generated $218,000 in proceeds, with Date.me selling for $70,000.

.me (www.Funk.me) has enjoyed incredible success since its launch. Not only has it enjoyed record registrations and solid sales on the secondary market, it has managed to weather the global financial storm with amazing results. Its success can be attributed to the growing personalized web and the branding and marketing potential of using ".me" to launch websites, services and products.

Nearly 400 .me sites are showing up in the top million sites at Alexa.com, surpassing other extensions such as .Mobi and .Asia, which were launched well before .me. Almost 4 million .me pages have already been developed, according to Google, and .me sites are growing in popularity. Among the many launched .me sites, here's a sample:

- LasVegas.me

- Tattle2.me

- Blackdating.me

- Funk.me

- MovieNews.me

- NameShop.me

- Teenage.me

- PopularityContest.me

- Istanbul.me

- Notify.me

- Utag.me

.me has been one of the most successful TLD launches. The Registry has done a superb job of positioning the .me extension, and over 100 accredited registrars in over 25 countries provide the capability of registering the .me extension. Go Daddy had record sales of .me during landrush last August, and its charismatic founder Bob Parsons recently changed his informative and humorous blog from Bobparsons.com to Bobparsons.me.

.me went to New York and made it there; afterwards, it proved it can make it anywhere. Now it's come to Hollywood for its big-time studio test. And the buzz out of Tinseltown is that .me has star potential. So maybe one day it will get its own star on the Boulevard: "DOTME"

To bid online at the DOMAINfest auction go here:

http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/detail.html?auction_id=197

To attend show go here:

http://www.domainfest.com/agenda?p=auction2

###



Contact Information Peter Nilson

Intermarketing

http://marketplacepro.moniker.com/auction/detail.html?auction_id=197

+00 45 296 288 05



No comments:

Post a Comment